Representation at the Police Station
Whether you have been arrested, face being arrested, or have been asked to attend a voluntary interview at the police station. All representation at the police station stage is free of charge.
Our expert criminal defence solicitors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Representation at Court
If you’ve been charged with a criminal or traffic offence you don’t have to face it alone. The outcome of your Court case might be life changing, so give yourself the best possible chance with one of our traffic solicitors or criminal defence solicitors.
At MI Law we will advise you of your rights, get you ready for your Court appearance and explain the Court procedures so you understand what’s happening. In Court we’ll defend your case clearly and strongly to give you the best possible outcome. We regularly appear in Luton and Saint Albans Magistrates Court and can also represent you at any other criminal law court in the country.
Representation at DWP/Council Interviews
If you have been asked to attend an interview by the DWP or your local council for allegations of benefit fraud, we can help you. Contact us to speak to one of our experts in this area.
When you’re facing a serious legal issue and know you can’t afford legal representation you don’t need to give up all hope of a fair resolution.
Our legal aid solicitors can help
If you’re on benefits or a low income you may be entitled to Legal Aid funding, which means the government will pay for your legal costs. We’re legal aid solicitors contracted with the Legal Aid Agency so we can help you complete the forms and get the matter underway.
Legal Aid funding is generally available for the following kinds of matters if you’ve been accused of a crime and are facing prison or detention.
Whether you receive legal aid funding depends on the circumstances of your case so it’s important that you discuss your matter with an experienced legal aid solicitor.
You will usually also need to show that the matter is serious and that you can’t afford to pay for legal costs. If you’re in receipt of certain benefits such as Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance you should qualify for legal aid. If you’re not on those benefits, you still may qualify so please contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
Why choose us?
We believe that everyone is entitled to justice no matter what life circumstances they find themselves in.
We will treat you fairly and strongly defend your rights.
Our legal aid solicitors are contracted with the Legal Aid Agency.
Areas of Law
We can deal with all areas of criminal law, including:
- Traffic and vehicle offences – including drink driving, driving without a licence, driving offences
- Acts intended to cause injury – including assault and stalking
- Justice procedure offences – breaches or bonds or orders, resisting or hindering police, breach of bond, suspended sentences or community service orders
- Theft – including theft from retail premises, receiving or handling the proceeds of crime, theft of intellectual property
- Illicit drug offences – possession, cultivation or dealing in illicit drugs
- Public order offences – disorderly conduct, criminal intent, riot and affray, liquor and tobacco offences, offensive language or behaviour, cruelty to animals
- Fraud offences – obtaining benefit by deception, forgery of documents, dishonest conversion
- Property damage – graffiti, fire and explosion
- Dangerous or negligent acts endangering persons – driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances, dangerous or negligent driving
- Prohibited weapons – misuse, unlawfully obtain or possess a prohibited weapon or explosive
- Sexual assault – aggravated sexual assault, child pornography
Robbery, blackmail & extortion
- Homicide – murder, attempted murder, manslaughter
Worried about the likely penalty? Ready to get some common sense legal advice? Contact us now!